Our Medical Surveillance is a planned programme of periodic medical screenings for fitness to work
Our Medical Surveillance is a planned programme of periodic medical screenings for fitness to work which may include the following:
- Lung Function
- Medical Questionnaires
- Vision Screening and Audio Function
- Physical Examinations
- Chest X-Rays
- Drug (Narcotic) Testing
Stages of Medical Surveillance
Stages of our Medical Surveillance programme:
- Initial (pre-employment)
- Periodical (during employment)
- Exit (leaving employment)
The medical screenings are risk-based to assist the companies in managing health risk and preventing, detecting and treating occupational diseases.
- Chest x-rays for Tuberculosis, occupational lung diseases screenings
- injury on duty.
Wellness campaigns and screenings:
- Health education
- Blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes mellitus, etc.
- Weight Management and body mass indexing
Benefit medical examination:
- Former miner-focused examinations on occupational lung diseases and submissions to MBOD and CCOD
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Malaria prevention
- Travel Health Consultation
Management and reporting
- Management and reporting of on-duty injuries sustained.
Sports medicine (sport-focused medical team)
- We are able to assist in athlete’s medical assessments, treatment of sports injuries as well as injury rehabilitation.
- Medical Screening and Xrays