Our Medical Surveillance is a planned programme of periodic medical screenings for fitness to work
Our medical surveillance is a planned programme of periodic medical screening for fitness to work which may include the following: Audio, Lung function, Medical questionnaires, Urinalysis, Vision screening and Physical Examination, Chest X-ray, Drug of abuse test. The medical screening is risk based to assist the companies with controlling health risk and preventing, detecting and treating occupational diseases.
The types of medical surveillance include: Initial (pre-employment), Periodical (during employment) and Exit (on leaving employment).Digital X-ray (chest and limbs) for TB/Occupational Lung diseases screening and Injury on Duty.
Wellness campaigns and screening (includes HIV, BP, Diabetes Mellitus, Cholesterol, Weight Management/BMI and Health Education), Travel Medicine (Yellow fever vaccination, Hepatitis, Malaria prevention and Travel Health Consultation) Benefit Medical Examination (Ex-miners medical examination for occupational lung diseases and submissions to MBOD/ CCOD); Injury on duty management and reporting Sports medicine (Sports medical team –assist with athlete’s medical assessment, treatment of sports injuries and injury rehabilitation).
Our Medical Surveillance is a planned programme of periodic medical screenings for fitness to work which may include the following:
- Lung Function
- Medical Questionnaires
- Vision Screening and Audio Function
- Physical Examinations
- Chest X-Rays
- Drug (Narcotic) Testing
Stages of Medical Surveillance
Stages of our Medical Surveillance programme:
- Initial (pre-employment)
- Periodical (during employment)
- Exit (leaving employment)
The medical screenings are risk-based to assist the companies in managing health risk and preventing, detecting and treating occupational diseases.
- Chest x-rays for Tuberculosis, occupational lung diseases screenings
- injury on duty.
Wellness campaigns and screenings:
- Health education
- Blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes mellitus, etc.
- Weight Management and body mass indexing
Benefit medical examination:
- Former miner-focused examinations on occupational lung diseases and submissions to MBOD and CCOD
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Malaria prevention
- Travel Health Consultation
Management and reporting
- Management and reporting of on-duty injuries sustained.
Sports medicine (sport-focused medical team)
- We are able to assist in athlete’s medical assessments, treatment of sports injuries as well as injury rehabilitation.
- Medical Screening and Xrays